Are you an artist who needs 35mm slides of your art for :
We can help if you need the highest quality professional 35mm slides for any reason. We know the requirements that artists have for showing their artwork, and we would be pleased to help you produce the 35mm slides you need to have to get into art shows, as we have done for other artists. Our work has helped art students be accepted into the art schools of their choice, and we do work for many artists already in art schools who need to show their artistic creations, as well as for many art galleries and museums. We can work with any type of digital files you send us, but most people find that digital camera files are the easiset way for an artist to prepare slides of his or her creations, whether they be paintings, drawings, carvings, glassware, or sculpture. Slides from artwork rendered on the computer and not existing in real-life are also available. Our service is very quick, and you can get slides of your art delivered by Fedex so that you do not have to wait very long.
- Your portfolio?
- A juried art show or competition?
- An art school or college application?
- A scholarship application for school?
- Getting a booth in an art show?
If you have not yet taken your photos, keep the following recommendations in mind to get the best slides of your artwork:
- Use a neutral, uncluttered background. A plain wall is great if it is white or a light color.
- Try to shoot the photo with daylight rather than flash. You may have to use a tripod or hold the camera very still if the light level is low.
- Shoot a painting straight on, not from an angle, unless you want to pay us to correct the distortion.
- Shoot sculpture from eye level, and don't take a photo of your own shadow.
- Come as close to your art as your camera will let you and still show the whole art in focus.
- Consider shooting a painting without its frame unless the frame is important to the work.
- Take multiple shots at the same time, each slightly different, then choose the best one.
- More recommendations for the best slides of your artwork.
Your 35mm slides are imaged at 4K, or 4096 pixels across the long dimension by extremely sharp film recorders, unless you request 8K imaging. Our Lasergraphics film recorders are designed for 8K (8192 pixels) imaging of true-color photographic film quality. Most service bureaus use film recorders designed only for 4K imaging, and many are optimized for Powerpoint charts only. The razor-sharp slides we produce will make competitors' slides look a bit fuzzy in comparison.
If you already have conventional slides of your artwork, but need copies (duplicate slides), you will find our 35mm slide duplicates are both inexpensive and a very close match to your original slides as well as your original artwork.
We have been producing slides for artists for over 30 years and have very high customer satisfaction, but if you don't know us,
here is an unsolicited comment from one of our customers:
You may want to read what others have said about the quality of our slides and service.
Production of these items has ended. This page is for information only. Photographic Specialties is no longer producing slides and transparencies. I have been self-employed for 35 years, but looking forward to retirement since my wife died five years ago. With the decline of conventional photography and the recent recession, the availability of film and chemicals as well as the volume of work has declined to such an extent that it is no longer possible to have fresh chemicals to develop film. I hope that if you still need conventional slides and transparencies, you will be able to find someone who can produce them for you. Thank you for your orders over the years.
Copyright © 1999-2009 PhotoGraphic Specialties